Yki's MIDI Channel Keyswitch
By Yrjö Fager, email@example.com
What it does
I originally made this to get keyswitching for AMG's Kick-Ass Brass VSTi,
but it's usable with basically any multi-timbral VST instrument (like
HALion or Kontakt) or even external MIDI hardware.
- It's a MIDI plugin (not a VST
plugin) that works in Windows
versions of Cubase SX/SL/SE/etc., Nuendo and probably VStack.
- It sends incoming MIDI events to the currently selected MIDI
channel, which is selected by pressing special switch MIDI keys.
- You can select the active channel with switch keys in realtime from your
MIDI keyboard, as you play.
- The number of active switch keys/channels can be selected (1-16,
- The first switch key (MIDI note/pitch number) can be selected
- The first switch key is always MIDI channel 1.
- The switches go chromatically upwards from the first switch key.
- All MIDI control changes (modulation, sustain pedal, etc.) are
sent to all selected channels.
- The default settings should work right away with the Kick-Ass
This is version 0.9. I've only
tested it with Cubase SX 3.1. The plugin is usable and functional, but
I'll probably fix these in the future (especially the color), if I have
- The "current channel" field doesn't show anything sensible yet.
- The "copy CCs" field is hard-coded to copy all control changes to
all active channels all the time, so you can't change the setting.
- You can't save presets. (well it only has two adjustable
parameters anyway, and the default values should work for most cases)
- The user interface was supposed to be orange and not blue, but
the RGB components got mixed up somewhere. ;)
- It should be "Keyswitch" and not "Key Switch".
Installation and use
- HOW TO INSTALL: Close Cubase SX and copy the DLL file to the
components directory in C:\Program
Files\Steinberg\Cubase SX3\Components, or whatever your SX
directory happens to be. Then restart SX.
- HOW TO USE: Insert the plugin in your MIDI track's insert effects
in the track inspector. Not audio effects, not in the audio mixer.
There's no warranty. Use it at your own risk. You can download and use
the plugin for free, but if you think it's worth something to you, also
feel free to donate any sum you think is appropriate via PayPal. Use this button: