The book Hacking Europe plus two individual articles (Wasiak 2014, Silvast & Reunanen 2014) were added to the bibliography.
Still pondering if this should be added to the bibliography or not, but I know it’s of interest to some of you, for sure. The 8-Bit Reggae book by Nicolas Nova: http://volumique.com/shopv2/product/8-bit-reggae-collision-and-creolization/
Added Gleb J. Albert to the Researchers page. He’s currently starting his postdoc at the University of Zürich. History of software piracy is one of his topics of interest.
Swedes Jimmy Wilhelmsson and Kenneth Grönwall have recently published a book called Generation 64, which is, quite obviously, about the Commodore 64, its games, demos and how it has affected people’s lives. In Swedish only for now, but there might be an English translation later, provided there’s enough interest.
A little warez dude article by Linus Walleij and the German translation of his Copyright finns inte added to the list, thanks to Gleb J. Albert.
We’ll surely review the articles separately when we get our hands on them, but in any case: the long-awaited book Hacking Europe is finally out and contains multiple chapters that are either about demos or otherwise relevant. (Springer)Link.
Nicolai Brodersen Hansen, Rikke Toft Nørgård and Kim Halskov wrote a paper called Crafting Code at the Demo-scene for the DIS 2014 conference held in June 2014. Added to the bibliography, of course!
Added Kotlinski’s (2009) seminar paper on Amiga music programs – mostly trackers, of course.
There was some little hiccup at pelulamu.net, but now Heikkilä’s texts are back online. Thanks to Doreen for the note.
Individual WiderScreen articles will start appearing on the bibliography little by little. Here’s the complete list of what can be expected.
- Patryk Wasiak: “Amis and Euros.” Software Import and Contacts Between European and American Cracking Scenes
- Markku Reunanen: How Those Crackers Became Us Demosceners
- Doreen Hartmann: Animation in the Demoscene. From Obfuscation to Category (Or: How to Demonstrate Skills without Adhering to the Real-Time Principle).
- Canan Hastik: Demo Age: New Views
- Marilou Polymeropoulou: Chipmusic, Fakebit and the Discourse of Authenticity in the Chipscene
- Markku Reunanen: Four Kilobyte Art
- Ville-Matias Heikkilä: Käsittämättömät koodirivit musiikkina: bytebeat ja demoskenen tekninen kokeellisuus
- Jaakko Kemppainen: Flash-demoskene: Reaaliaikaisten verkkoanimaatioiden esiinnousu ja hiipuminen